The EB-5 Investor Visa program presents outstanding opportunities for qualified overseas investors to become permanent residents of the United States. Choosing to invest in an EB-5 program allows foreign investors, their spouse, and children (under the age of 21) to obtain conditional green cards so that they can attend school, legally work, or simply enjoy retirement anywhere in the United States. Participants can achieve this while creating jobs, promoting economic growth, and improving productivity within a targeted geographic region. Guidelines and requirements change, so for the most accurate and current information refer directly to the USCIS website.
In short, the advantages of investing through an approved Regional Center can include:
- Lower investment hurdle (USD $800,000 vs. USD $1,050,000)
- Citizenship for the investor, a spouse, and any children under the age of 21
- Assurance investment capital is managed according to program standards
- Pre-approval by the U.S. Government pursuant to the program
- Pursuit and satisfaction of the job creation requirement
- Ability to live anywhere in the U.S.
- No requirement to speak English
- Access to education including all U.S. colleges and universities
The law requires that the foreign applicant have invested in or be in the process of investing the necessary capital into an approved EB5 project. For the most accurate and current information please refer directly to the USCIS website.